Prince Pratap Sinh Serfoji RajeBhosle
Prince Pratap Sinh Serfoji RajeBhosle is the 14th descendent of Thanjavur Maratha Royal Family (14th descendent of King Venkoji alias Ekoji, founder of Maratha rule at Thanjavur in 1676 A.D,[King Venkoji alias Ekoji was born to King Shahaji and TukaBai, and was the half brother of the great maratha warrior Chatrapathi Shivaji The Great) and also the 6th Descendent of Maharaja Serfoji ll (Scholar King of Thanjavur Who ruled from 1798 to 1832 A.D). A 24 years old Engineer by Profession has authored a book on his ancestors titled "Contributions of Thanjavur Maratha Kings" with a brief history of Shivaji Maharaj,Sambhaji Maharaj, Samartha Ramdas Swami, Cholas, Nayakas and Indian classical art-Bharatanatyam. He also runs a facebook page and blog related to Maratha dynasty of Thanjavur and also about its heritage monuments titled in the name of their private museum "Maharajah Serfoji 2 Memorial Hall Museum, Sadar Mahal Palace Thanjavur". He has also launched a website on his Maratha Royal Family and "My Stamps" of Indian Postal department to commemorate the 239th birth anniversary of King Serfoji ll.
Pages he admins,
Prince Pratap Sinh Serfoji RajeBhosle alias Rana son of Serfoji Rajah Bhosle (elder son of Tulajendra Rajah Bhosle) of Sadar Mahal Palace,Thanjavur born on 19th November 1993 has completed B.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering) in Chennai,Tamilnadu. He is like his grandfather and father, has interest in doing research on Thanjavur Maratha dynasty and also to collect rare antiques like coins, vintage photographs related to his hometown etc. He has flair knowledge of history of Marathas of Thanjavur.
He has completed Museum Conservation Course at Egmore Government Museum, Chennai and a short term course on Marathi and Modi Script at Thanjavur Maharajah Serfoji’s Sarasvati Mahal Library, Thanjavur. He is enthusiastic in learning new things. Further, in Chennai he is a member and volunteer for many Organizations (N.G.O's) and also attended many workshops, events and won certificates for his best performances. He created a facebook page and a blog to bring awareness to the antiques and heritage monuments in and around Thanjavur. He contributes his collections of old rare photographs of Thanjavur for research and reference and also post articles on the Maratha rulers of Thanjavur to help the young patrons of history who aspire to know about the Thanjavur kingdom. He also takes efforts to improve, develop and promote the richness of his Heritage City 'Thanjavur'.
Like his forefathers, he is also a rasika and a connoisseur of Indian Classical art form "Bharatanatyam". He enjoys witnessing Tanjore, Pandanallur, Melattur, kalashestra styles of Bharatanatyam. In his second edition book, he has written works and contributions made by his ancestors (Thanjavur maratha kings) in the fields of arts, literature, dance, bharatanatyam and music (carnatic) etc. He also encourages and motivates artists by honouring and feliciating them and also helps them to get a chance to perform in programs.
1. Created a facebook page in the year 2013 to bring awareness on his hometown Thanjavur and on Maratha kings who ruled Thanjavur (www.facebook.com/serfojirajah2museum)
2. Created a blog in the year 2014 (Maharajahserfoji2museum.blogspot.in)
3. Completed Museum Conservation Course at Egmore Government Museum, Chennai and Short term course on Modi Script at Thanjavaur Maharaja Serfoji's Sarasvati Mahal Library (TMSSML) in 2014.
4. Authored a book titled "Contributions of Thanjavur Maratha Kings" with a brief history of Cholas and Nayakas and released in the year 2015 at Pune,Maharashtra.
5. Launched a website on his Royal Family in the year 2016. (serfojimemorialhall.com)
6. Launched "My Stamps" of Indian Postal department to Commemorate the 239th Birth Anniversary of King Serfoji ll in the year 2016.
7. Launched Instagram page to contribute his vast rare collections of photograph related to Thanjavur and his Royal family (Instagram - @PrincelyTanjore).
8. Created a wordpress blog to post his rare historical articles he researches and writes (Prataprpb.wordpress.com).
9. Wrote the second edition of his book titled Contributions of Thanjavur Maratha Kings- with a brief history of Shivaji Maharaj, Sambhaji Maharaj, Samartha Ramdas swami, Cholas, Nayakas, Indian classical art- Bharatanatyam and launched in NSCB ICC Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia and also in Chennai,Tamilnadu. The book is currently available for sales in India and Abroad online in Notionpress.com and Amazon.com.
MEDIA- An Uncommon Prince (The Hindu)
- Royal tales by a Prince (NRI)
- Website launch (June 2016)
- Book publish (may 2015)
- Saam Tv Marathi News report:
Book release Contributions of Thanjavur Maratha Kings 2nd Edition:- The Hindu, 27/12/17
- Deccan Chronicle, 26/12/17
- The New Indian Express, 28/12/17
- Maharashtra Times (June, 2018)
- Article published in Lokmat Marathi Newspaper on Marathas of Thanjavur to mark Marathi Bhasha Din (27/2/2018).
1. Completed Impact Intermediate course at British council,Chennai.
2. Completed Android Application development course at Alltechz solutions Pvt.Ltd.
3. Attended workshop on CPR and first aid training conducted by Alert We care NGO and St. John Ambulance (India).
4. Completed 72nd summer military training course for boys at Bhonsala Military School, Nasik Maharashtra.
5. Completed Aero modelling training program (theory and Practical) conducted by the Hobby club, Chennai.
6. Completed six levels in Abacus at SIP Academy's Brain gym and Abacus, and participated in National and International level competitions.
7. Participated in Indian Cultural activities based workshop "Notion of Annihilation" at Chennai, Tamilnadu.
8. Participated in Scout Annual training camp at Chennai.
9. Completed short term Military training camp at Tata Saheb Kore Military Academy (TSKMA), VinyaNagar (Maharashtra).
10. Attended workshop on "Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp" organised by NSTEDB (The National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board) at Chennai,Tamilnadu.
- Click the below link to view the official photographs of the book release uploaded on NSCBICC,Kuala Lumpur Malaysia official website